What's your favorite low-figure count rulset?

Answers to questions on other rules.

Re: What's your favorite low-figure count rulset?

Postby CthulhuKid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Yeah, I also have a few larger zombies from a different boardgame, and I use those to count as a clump of 5 zombies. Anything to keep the table cleaner.

And when I see those guys, I'm pretty much running for the end of the table anyway, so there's not much play time left.

Hmmm....medieval ATZ? That would be a great twist for Warhammer players. Have a typical Orcs v. Humans battle, but before they clash, the undead show up. Do they band together to escape? Interesting. I like it.
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Maj. Diz Aster » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:11 pm

CthulhuKid wrote:Yeah, I also have a few larger zombies from a different boardgame, and I use those to count as a clump of 5 zombies. Anything to keep the table cleaner.

And when I see those guys, I'm pretty much running for the end of the table anyway, so there's not much play time left.

Hmmm....medieval ATZ? That would be a great twist for Warhammer players. Have a typical Orcs v. Humans battle, but before they clash, the undead show up. Do they band together to escape? Interesting. I like it.

Medieval ATZ is easy to do. Depending on the rules version you want to use, you just combine Warrior Heroes Legends with All Things Zombie: Final Fade Out or Talomir Tales with All Things Zombie: Evolution. For figures, just use those from Zombicide: Black Plague ;)
Maj. Diz Aster

Tales of The Scandalous Wench
https://scandalous-wench.blogspot.com/

Ex Spatio, En Victoria!
https://ex-spatio-en-victoria.blogspot.com/
Maj. Diz Aster
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Atomic Floozy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:22 pm

I agree with Maj. Dis Aster on this one. Reaper does make metal & plastic medieval zombies, but to get a good number of them, it'd be cheaper to purchase Zombiecide: Black Plague - works out to just a little over a dollar a figure. And Zombies are easy to paint if you decide to paint them.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby Maj. Diz Aster » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Favorite low figure rules? Probably 5150: No Quarter. Perfect for 2 figure mech duels.
Attachments
5150 No Quarter cover 220x293.jpg
5150 No Quarter cover 220x293.jpg (20.3 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Maj. Diz Aster

Tales of The Scandalous Wench
https://scandalous-wench.blogspot.com/

Ex Spatio, En Victoria!
https://ex-spatio-en-victoria.blogspot.com/
Maj. Diz Aster
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Pzrjager » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for the recommendations guys! They all look fun.

I'd like to try historical medieval figure painting and looking for a fun ruleset from THW. Do you know of any that might fit the bill, aside from using the Chain Reaction rules?
Pzrjager
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 pm

CthulhuKid wrote:Hate it when people recommend the few rulesets I don't have.....where did I put that credit card?

I go with ATZ. True, you need like a billion zombies, but you can sub in a lot of things for zeds.

Not any more with ATZ - Evolution. You can get by with, wait for it, 10. Also more of a challenge than before.

I've also just started a Larger Than Life game, and I haven't had more than, what, 4 NPCs on the board at once so far. Haven't gotten to the Final Scene yet, so I expect that will pick up soon (and I've managed to get scenes in Early Day, where everyone is asleep.)
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby THW » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Pzrjager wrote:Thanks for the recommendations guys! They all look fun.

I'd like to try historical medieval figure painting and looking for a fun ruleset from THW. Do you know of any that might fit the bill, aside from using the Chain Reaction rules?

Just use Talomir Tales for the rules, delete the magic and your there.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Tekawiz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:22 am

Pzrjager wrote:Thanks for the recommendations guys! They all look fun.

Great Hall Burning. Substitute Vikings for your medieval figures and you're good to go.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby shon maxx » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

I pretty much play ATZ, FT, LR, and FNF. I usually prefer the figures where I can buy a bunch of cheap plastic ones at a time, since I lack anything resembling artistic talent and patience to actually paint anything.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Redmao » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:03 pm

shon maxx wrote:I pretty much play ATZ, FT, LR, and FNF. I usually prefer the figures where I can buy a bunch of cheap plastic ones at a time, since I lack anything resembling artistic talent and patience to actually paint anything.

Same here. I really like Tim Mee's Galaxy Laser figures for retro sci-fi adventures. I even personalized my star figure by simply switching the helmeted head for an Airfix football player.
Attachments
SpaceCaptain.jpg
SpaceCaptain.jpg (73.04 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Redmao
Rep 5
Rep 5

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else