What's your favorite low-figure count rulset?

Answers to questions on other rules.

What's your favorite low-figure count rulset?

Postby Pzrjager » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:38 am

I know most of THW rulesets can be low figure count, but I'm wondering what your favorite is. I've been playing some NUTS! 4th Edition, and while I love it, I'm getting a little tired of painting the same uniform over and over. I'm thinking about trying about something else for variety.

I think I prefer historicals, but if it's fun I'm open to it. Low figure count for more time gaming and less time hobbying.
Pzrjager
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: What's your favorite low-figure count rulset?

Postby Pzrjager » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:14 am

Looking at RRtK and Captains and Kings right now. Captains and Kings looks cool, almost like Mount and Blade but for the tabletop.
Pzrjager
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby flashcove » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:40 pm

I play zombie games with 2 or 3 figures. I don't do first day, but later in the apocalypse. Here's one of my favorites.
https://hafer2ken.blogspot.com/2011/04/holly-finds-new-friend-and-changes-her.html
The only good zombie no longer moves.
Flashcove
flashcove
Rep 7 - Moderator
Rep 7 - Moderator

Postby TXWargamer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Pzrjager wrote:I know most of THW rulesets can be low figure count, but I'm wondering what your favorite is. I've been playing some NUTS! 4th Edition, and while I love it, I'm getting a little tired of painting the same uniform over and over. I'm thinking about trying about something else for variety.

I think I prefer historicals, but if it's fun I'm open to it. Low figure count for more time gaming and less time hobbying.

I really enjoy ATZ and Long Rifle both are perfect for low figure counts. FNG, Great Hall Burning, and the new Talimir Tales are awesome. Over the years as I’ve play almost every title. Consider the gladiator titles both fantasy and historical offer fun and variety.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby Tekawiz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Talomir Tales and Lovecraft's Revenge. Both can generate fun narratives for 2 or 3 characters.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Mehman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:03 am

After the Horsemen. Always After the Horsemen. The BEST hard Post-Apocalyptic ruleset out there.
Mehman
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Atomic Floozy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 am

I have a lot of favorites, but the one that I like with the lowest number of figures is Alien Fight Night - I like the character & the stories the game generated.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby Tekawiz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am

Mehman wrote:After the Horsemen. Always After the Horsemen. The BEST hard Post-Apocalyptic ruleset out there.

It also has the best set of Random Road Encounters.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby CthulhuKid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Hate it when people recommend the few rulesets I don't have.....where did I put that credit card?

I go with ATZ. True, you need like a billion zombies, but you can sub in a lot of things for zeds.

I've also just started a Larger Than Life game, and I haven't had more than, what, 4 NPCs on the board at once so far. Haven't gotten to the Final Scene yet, so I expect that will pick up soon (and I've managed to get scenes in Early Day, where everyone is asleep.)
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby flashcove » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Yeah, you can substitute pennies or markers for zombies. In my convention games, "dead" zombies are put back in the box for the next zombie revealed. Too many dead zombies on a convention game table will clutter the table. My convention games have 8-16 players in a suburban environment. I have over 140 painted and based zombies, and I still have the players put them back in the box.

I also do Dark Ages zombies at conventions. I only have 40 suitable zombies, but death rates on zombies are not so high.
The only good zombie no longer moves.
Flashcove
flashcove
Rep 7 - Moderator
Rep 7 - Moderator

Next

Return to Everything Else