[CR2015] Blocked figures being revealed and In Sight Tests

Answers to questions on other rules.

[CR2015] Blocked figures being revealed and In Sight Tests

Postby JungleFighter » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:01 pm

I have a question regarding what happens when a blocked figure is revealed, due to the front, blocking figure hitting the ground because he had to Duck Back or go prone.

An example:
Figures A,B and C are all standing next to each other, and are receiving fire. A and B are hit, and C is missed.
The damage results in A being Obviously Dead, B has to Duck Back, (or go prone in open space), and C is a complete miss.
So far, so good. However, when B Ducks Back (or goes prone), that reveals Figure D, who was standing behind B, but was blocked from seeing or being seen.

My question: What do I do next?
Do I take a Reaction Test for that group, resolve all of the reactions, then do an In Sight Test (because of the appearence of new Figure D) after the reactions are resolved? If I did the Reaction Test first, and the result was to Return Fire, then the newly revealed Figure D would be able to just appear and fire without having had an In Sight Test taken on him.
or
Do I stop right after B goes down, and do an In Sight Test (because of the appearence of new Figure D), and resolve everything that the In Sight Test triggers? If I did that, then I guess I would just forget about doing the initial Reaction Test, since the In Sight Test would trigger reactions of its own.
or
Something else?

I have even had times where a blocked figure was revealed in the middle of a Reaction Test, and wondered if I should stop and do the In Sight Test right then. My gut tells me that I should just finish the Reaction Test and worry about the In Sight afterwards, but I don't want to assume anything, because we all know where that leads. :D

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
JungleFighter
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: [CR2015] Blocked figures being revealed and In Sight Tes

Postby THW » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm

JungleFighter wrote:I have a question regarding what happens when a blocked figure is revealed, due to the front, blocking figure hitting the ground because he had to Duck Back or go prone.
Here goes.
An example:
Figures A,B and C are all standing next to each other, and are receiving fire. A and B are hit, and C is missed.
The damage results in A being Obviously Dead, B has to Duck Back, (or go prone in open space), and C is a complete miss.
So far, so good. However, when B Ducks Back (or goes prone), that reveals Figure D, who was standing behind B, but was blocked from seeing or being seen.

My question: What do I do next?
Do I take a Reaction Test for that group, resolve all of the reactions, then do an In Sight Test (because of the appearence of new Figure D) after the reactions are resolved? Correct. If I did the Reaction Test first, and the result was to Return Fire, then the newly revealed Figure D would be able to just appear and fire without having had an In Sight Test taken on him. No as he was not fired on. Only those fired on can return fire.
or
Do I stop right after B goes down, and do an In Sight Test (because of the appearence of new Figure D), and resolve everything that the In Sight Test triggers? If I did that, then I guess I would just forget about doing the initial Reaction Test, since the In Sight Test would trigger reactions of its own.
or
Something else?

I have even had times where a blocked figure was revealed in the middle of a Reaction Test, and wondered if I should stop and do the In Sight Test right then. My gut tells me that I should just finish the Reaction Test and worry about the In Sight afterwards, but I don't want to assume anything, because we all know where that leads. :D You're correct. Finish the Reactions then do a new In Sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby JungleFighter » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Ed. That cleared everything up for me.

You also caught a mistake that I had been making. During Reaction Tests, I would roll 2d6 for the group, and count how many dice were passed vs the Rep for each individual figure. However, I think that I was applying the results to the group as a whole, forgetting that the results may force figures in the same group to behave in different ways, as the rules state.

I imagine that, in my example, the previously blocked figure (Figure D) would still have to take a Man Down Test, due to Figure A's death, since he was within 4" of him.
JungleFighter
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 am

Correct, Man Down even if he wasn't involved in the fight.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Everything Else