How is Lovecraft's Revenge?

Answers to questions on other rules.

How is Lovecraft's Revenge?

Postby Pzrjager » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:56 am

Can someone please share their thoughts and experiences with it?

What do you personally use for minis and terrain? How is it as a story generator, and is it fun?
Pzrjager
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: How is Lovecraft's Revenge?

Postby Tekawiz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Lovecraft's is one of my favorite storytelling games. It's different in a way that you kind of know your guys are not going to survive, but it's fun for the imagination to play out each scene, the NPCs/creatures they meet and if they go insane or not.

In the past I've played using minis and terrain on my gaming table, but currently using some of the different battle boards offered. Sometimes I use nothing and just set my guys up and let me imagination do the rest. I can play out a scene at my work desk.

After you play it a few times, and if you're familier with other THW rules you may want to add some rules. Beside the other THW rules, I've tweaked the rules here and there and added quite a few pulpy rules out of my head to give Lovecraft's Revenge more flavoring and unpredicatability.

If you like storytelling games, it's fun. It's really like a solo RPG.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Pzrjager » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Sounds great, just picked it up. Thanks.

How is Deadly Dreams?
Pzrjager
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Tekawiz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Deadly Dreams is a book of different scenarios with new creatures. I usually don't play my games that way. The author, Jay uploaded a companion guide to use Deadly Dreams as an extension of your Lovecraft's Revenge games. Once you're familiar with the rules you'll see that Deadly Dreams can be implemented into your story any way you like. I've been using Dreamlands as the dream encounter, page 51 and also another way to resolve clues. I think it's a interesting addition to the game since you don't killed in your dreams but there are interesting rules for coming back to the waking world that can be unpredictable. The main thing is don't feel stuck to the rules. Both Lovecraft's Revenge and Deadly Dreams take place in a pulp world where anything goes!
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby shon maxx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:34 am

Here you go, the Dreamer's Guide. Deadly Dreams is a scenario book based on Dreams of Terror and Death, a collection of stories taking place in Lovecraft's Dreamlands.
Attachments
Dreamers Guide pdf.pdf
(480.99 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Everything Else