Slasher! A new scenario for CR 2015

Answers to your CR 3.0 and Swordplay questions.

Slasher! A new scenario for CR 2015

Postby shon maxx » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Here's another horror-themed scenario for CR 2015. I've been watching the Scream TV series, and it gave me some ideas for a 'Masked Killer on the loose,' scenario. I tried to leave some options so it's different each time you play. I also included rules for playing with multiple stars. Finally, I posted it as a Word file since it's I'm still trying to fine-tune it. I'm working on an AAR, but I thought I'd see other people's thoughts and suggestions on the rules first.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Slasher.doc
(205 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Slasher! A new scenario for CR 2015

Postby jamemurp » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Good stuff! Typo under Tempting Fate: This rule can be used in any game, but works bets with at least 2 Stars.

Also, it would probably be more clear to change bullet point 1 under THE KILLER’S ABILITIES to "The Killer starts with a Rep equal to the highest Rep Star playing the game."

Under the NPCs, what is a taser in game? Maybe fires as Pistol, but treat OD as OOF?

I would also make Tempting Fate have an upside- characters should be encouraged to do horror movie stuff! Maybe have those Fate dice allow the character to re-roll dice to escape (but not fight) the Killer or to re-roll double activation (silly Fluffers- you scared me!)? I would also suggest that the scenario use Really Tight Ammo- No reloads unless you search and find more ammo. Of course melee is pretty suicidal considering he will always be at least your Rep with either a 1HW, 2HW or Choking. Best bet is to search for 2HW (or a chainsaw...).

Also, the killer vanishes if OOF and OOS, but what if someone just posts up and keeps him in sight? And what about OD when SP is depleted or fails?
jamemurp
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Slasher! A new scenario for CR 2015

Postby shon maxx » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:12 pm

jamemurp wrote:Good stuff! Typo under Tempting Fate: This rule can be used in any game, but works bets with at least 2 Stars.

Also, it would probably be more clear to change bullet point 1 under THE KILLER’S ABILITIES to "The Killer starts with a Rep equal to the highest Rep Star playing the game."

Under the NPCs, what is a taser in game? Maybe fires as Pistol, but treat OD as OOF?

I would also make Tempting Fate have an upside- characters should be encouraged to do horror movie stuff! Maybe have those Fate dice allow the character to re-roll dice to escape (but not fight) the Killer or to re-roll double activation (silly Fluffers- you scared me!)? I would also suggest that the scenario use Really Tight Ammo- No reloads unless you search and find more ammo. Of course melee is pretty suicidal considering he will always be at least your Rep with either a 1HW, 2HW or Choking. Best bet is to search for 2HW (or a chainsaw...).

Also, the killer vanishes if OOF and OOS, but what if someone just posts up and keeps him in sight? And what about OD when SP is depleted or fails?

Thanks for the input. I fixed the typos, but I haven't looked at the rules in a while so I'll have to reread them for the other changes. I also need to reread CR since I've gotten used to the 2d6 system.

I'll look over the rest and repost with the changes. Thanks again!
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Chain Reaction and Swordplay - The Final Versions