Making a QRS

Answers to questions on other rules.

Making a QRS

Postby watti3460 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 pm

So I was thinking of "kit bashing" a few rule sets together in order enhance certain games or put things in that I think is missing. One example is that I prefer the dogfighting rules for Fringe Space better than the Space Combat rules for Future Tales which I am currently playing the most of.

The dice modifiers on the FS QRS do not use the same attribute list as FT. Clearly, it is not hard to just find the appropriate FT attribute and replace the FS ones. But in order to keep my game from bogging down I wanted to make my own QRS charts with the changes in them for reference.

What I'd like to ask is the following:

What program do you use to make the QRS for the printed games?
Do you have an editable template of some kind?
Do you use a particular font and size?

I thought it would be nice to have my QRS consistent with the others in the rules set.

Thanks.
watti3460
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Making a QRS

Postby flashcove » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I normally use Word with 2 columns with a .2 inch separation, and Arial 10 point. (You could use Open Office) Or, if you have Photoshop, it will change a page in a PDF to a .jpg, and you can cut and paste. Either one is a bit of work. I normally do the first, and I've done it about 15 times. Oh, .5 inch margins all around.
The only good zombie no longer moves.
Flashcove
flashcove
Rep 7 - Moderator
Rep 7 - Moderator

Re: Making a QRS

Postby sismis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 pm

I make them in HTML, then print to PDF. That format is the only one I can tune to fit myriad of layouts. Some need a lot of text, some a lot of tables. All modern document styles have stupidly big indents, so rules and exceptions takes too much space. Put all needed text on a page, and you will see what font size will make it fit :D
sismis
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Everything Else