THW solo game "companion" ?

For unofficial add-ons, ideas, and general what ifs.

THW solo game "companion" ?

Postby demether » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Recently, with our discussion about battletech, I thought about something again (I already had the same idea sometime ago). THW is full of cool games, almost in every style, era or thematic. "Almost" is the problem.

Sometimes, even if the game thematic exists, we still prefers (for good reasons or not) some "good old rules" that we loved years ago, but cannot play anymore, because the game is not published anymore, or no players are playing it in our area.

So it would be nice if THW would produce a wargaming solo companion/guide. Something without any thematic, wich could be "plugged" to any ruleset and universe we like.

For instance, I like Mutant chronicles warzone (out of print). I like the figures, but I also like the system. But there is no rules for solo. It would be nice that thw brings some guide to "inject" solo mechanics in the game, and how to run a campaign this way, for instance.

Basically, there is 3 kinds of games available these days : classic IGO UGO system, alternate unit system, and alternate system with reaction. Or sometimes, a mix of diferent systems.

In the solo companion, we would find a way to manage this, with a way to deploy and bring some unpredicatable fog of war, but also a way to include reaction system not necessary in the game itself (if the game is IGOUGO), but in the way the "AI" will react.

in one word, it would be a "toolbox" to manage solo gaming in any ruleset, any period, any genre. Including generic campaign system. This kind of toolbox exists for roleplay games : you "plug" the toolbox to any rpg (D&D, cyberpunk, whatever) and you can play it solo or coop against the game.

I'm not sure to be understable :lol: but I would pay for this kind of stuff. And I'm pretty sure it would be interesting for a lot of people.
Owner of : Warrior Heroes : Legends - Larger than life - 5150 NewBeginings - Rally Round the King - All thing Zombie + Risks deck - 5150 Star Navy - NUTS! + Clash Of Titans + Stalingrad : Heroes All - NUTS Big Battles
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Re: THW solo game "companion" ?

Postby THW » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Try using Chain Reaction. It would be a good start.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby demether » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:13 pm

thank you for your answer,

I know, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Obvously, things like PEF system can be used directly from chain reaction, but I'm more looking for a generic campaign and scenario generator, with some kind of AI (with some motivation and behaviour generator too) I could use for any game.

A bit like these available solo systems wich are dedicated for roleplaying games.
Owner of : Warrior Heroes : Legends - Larger than life - 5150 NewBeginings - Rally Round the King - All thing Zombie + Risks deck - 5150 Star Navy - NUTS! + Clash Of Titans + Stalingrad : Heroes All - NUTS Big Battles
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Okay, that could be Go a-Viking coming out next month with an Acheson Creations Kickstarter. Kind of Rally Round the King Campaign rules meet Star Army.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby EasyEight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:38 pm

demether wrote:thank you for your answer,

I know, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Obvously, things like PEF system can be used directly from chain reaction, but I'm more looking for a generic campaign and scenario generator, with some kind of AI (with some motivation and behaviour generator too) I could use for any game.

A bit like these available solo systems wich are dedicated for roleplaying games.

Star Marine has a campaign generation system tied to what's called the "Big Event" -- basically you're a marine, stuff happens and your unit may be deployed to deal with it. The type of event and the location lead you to a Mission table that lets you generate a range of scenarios for your Star.
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Return to Homebrew