Fast Play Baseball

For unofficial add-ons, ideas, and general what ifs.

Fast Play Baseball

Postby shon maxx » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm

I decided to try my hand at making a baseball game using THW rules. Unfortunately, I ran into trouble with my earlier attempts because the games just ran too long (at least in my opinion). Those were great for playing a game at a time but exhausting if you wanted to run an entire league with multiple games at a time. And with Ed moving sports game into the fast plat format, I tried with BB.

However, any attempt to recreate moment-by-moment action, even quickly, didn't seem to work well, so I went with a method that just covers highlights. Players can be used, but the main focus is on scoring runs with only a few details here and there. It also leaves a lot to interpretation. For example, if you score a run based on a Spd +1d6, you can guess the runner slipped by the catcher and stole home.

Hope you enjoy!
Attachments
FP Baseball.pdf
(195.18 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Fast Play Baseball

Postby TXWargamer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:11 pm

I cant wait to try this. After making soccer a few years back I wanted to tweak it based on some great offers to help and good feedback. Sadly, I still have not gotten to V2.

I think most sports really fit this model as they comedown to performance on a few key critical times.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby WargamingR » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:29 pm

When I get my Mac copy of Tablemaster, I'll be able to program the game to run 100 simulations in a few minutes, then we can try different options out quite easily :-)

The Windows version is out and I'm just waiting for Jean to port it to OSX, so early next year I hope :o
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby shon maxx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:41 pm

WargamingR wrote:When I get my Mac copy of Tablemaster, I'll be able to program the game to run 100 simulations in a few minutes, then we can try different options out quite easily :-)

The Windows version is out and I'm just waiting for Jean to port it to OSX, so early next year I hope :o

Cool, keep me updated!

TXWargamer wrote:I cant wait to try this. After making soccer a few years back I wanted to tweak it based on some great offers to help and good feedback. Sadly, I still have not gotten to V2.

I think most sports really fit this model as they comedown to performance on a few key critical times.

Let me know what you think. It does miss some action on the field, but I felt anything else would drag over 9 innings.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby WargamingR » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Mea Culpa, I was actually replying to to Soccer comment :oops:
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby TXWargamer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:52 pm

WargamingR wrote:Mea Culpa, I was actually replying to to Soccer comment :oops:

I still hope to collaborate on a reboot with you. Perhaps as the holidays wrap there will be time.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Return to Homebrew