Win Or Go Home Pitting and Random Events Question

Wire to Wire, Friday Night Fights, The Beautiful Game and even Qwik

Win Or Go Home Pitting and Random Events Question

Postby Deathworks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Hello!

I just want to make sure about one thing in the rules:

Do pitting cars roll for random events as well or are pitting cars basically ignored until they exit the pit after the pack is reset? Personally, I got the impression that they do not roll for random events, but it is not explicitly stated in the rules as far as I can tell.

And while we are at it, how is the Formula 1 development going? :) :) :) :) :)

Ah, and looking over the PDF, I noticed that there are 4 turn and 4 straight cards while the rules say that there are 3 of each... I guess that leave me with one card reserve each, or should I use all 8 cards rather than the 6 mentioned in the rules?

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Win Or Go Home Pitting and Random Events Question

Postby THW » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Deathworks wrote:Hello!

I just want to make sure about one thing in the rules:

Do pitting cars roll for random events as well or are pitting cars basically ignored until they exit the pit after the pack is reset? Personally, I got the impression that they do not roll for random events, but it is not explicitly stated in the rules as far as I can tell.

And while we are at it, how is the Formula 1 development going? :) :) :) :) :)

Ah, and looking over the PDF, I noticed that there are 4 turn and 4 straight cards while the rules say that there are 3 of each... I guess that leave me with one card reserve each, or should I use all 8 cards rather than the 6 mentioned in the rules?

Yours,
Deathworks

Yep, off the track is no random event. Formula 1 is still plugging along, there are lots of ruels in the queue.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Deathworks » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Hello!

Thank you for the reply.

There is another thing I am a bit confused about, pitting an yellow flags.

Basically, the laps under the yellow flag are skipped, so no action can be taken there. But the rules talk about not being allowed to pit during the yellow flag and you have the additional rules here for pitting under a yellow flag.

Will this mean that a car that picked pitting on a turn where later a wreck occurs does not get the benefits of pitting as the pits are closed?

Personally, I would assume that once the wreck has been handed down through the pack, the pack is reset and cars in the pit exit the pit. Then the yellow flag laps are rolled and I would allow drivers to choose to pit under the yellow flag, kind of off-screen as far as the game is concerned. This feels more reasonable to me, at least.

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Thank you for the reply.

There is another thing I am a bit confused about, pitting an yellow flags.

Basically, the laps under the yellow flag are skipped, so no action can be taken there. But the rules talk about not being allowed to pit during the yellow flag and you have the additional rules here for pitting under a yellow flag.

Will this mean that a car that picked pitting on a turn where later a wreck occurs does not get the benefits of pitting as the pits are closed?

Personally, I would assume that once the wreck has been handed down through the pack, the pack is reset and cars in the pit exit the pit. Then the yellow flag laps are rolled and I would allow drivers to choose to pit under the yellow flag, kind of off-screen as far as the game is concerned. This feels more reasonable to me, at least.

Yours,
Deathworks

Makes sense for me but Brian may have some input.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Deathworks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Hello!

I have gone through nearly half a race 1 star against 3 NPDs.

I am kind of wondering if cars can immediately try to regain their position or not. I mean, the order is A B C D. B passes A, so the new order would be B A C D. I am wondering whether the next pass should be A against B trying to regain the position or C against A (if in position). I have stuck to C being next in line, though I am wondering about the dramatic potential of the situation.

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:30 pm

I have gone through nearly half a race 1 star against 3 NPDs.

I am kind of wondering if cars can immediately try to regain their position or not. I mean, the order is A B C D. B passes A, so the new order would be B A C D. I am wondering whether the next pass should be A against B trying to regain the position or C against A (if in position). I have stuck to C being next in line, though I am wondering about the dramatic potential of the situation.

Yours,
Deathworks

Here goes. Passing goes from 1st to last. If you get passed and your turn has already passed, you don't get another chance to pass. So no, you cannot regain your position as your turn already happened.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Sports