Nemo Questions

Answers to questions on other rules.

Nemo Questions

Postby shon maxx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 am

1. On Page 9, under How Many PEF's, the rule mentions that rolling equal to or higher than the number of times you've rolled for a PEF, then you resolve a new one. Then it also reads that rolling Higher means no PEF. Was that last one supposed to be 'Lower?'

2. Speaking of which, does this take the place of the PEF resolution table that usually appears? I didn't see it in the rules.

3. Are Naval Battles Voluntary encounters? I saw no rule for running into ships or sea monsters at random.

4. Speaking of Naval Battles, if they do count as Voluntary Encounters, do you only have one battle per encounter, or does each battle count as a separate PEF? In other words, is it possible to have up to 7 battles in one encounter before the next Involuntary Encounter?

Thanks.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Nemo Questions

Postby THW » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 pm

shon maxx wrote:
Here goes.
1. On Page 9, under How Many PEF's, the rule mentions that rolling equal to or higher than the number of times you've rolled for a PEF, then you resolve a new one. Then it also reads that rolling Higher means no PEF. Was that last one supposed to be 'Lower?' Correct. Fixed.

2. Speaking of which, does this take the place of the PEF resolution table that usually appears? I didn't see it in the rules. Correct.

3. Are Naval Battles Voluntary encounters? I saw no rule for running into ships or sea monsters at random. The Naval Battles in the book are for the Nautilus but can easily be adapted for ship to ship as well. No random running into them as you may not be on a ship.

4. Speaking of Naval Battles, if they do count as Voluntary Encounters, do you only have one battle per encounter, or does each battle count as a separate PEF? In other words, is it possible to have up to 7 battles in one encounter before the next Involuntary Encounter? Only one. You can choose to make them Voluntary Encounters if you want. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Okay thanks! I was running navel battles like PEFs. However, if I want to attack ships I need to either complete one of his missions or complete all of them and become captain, correct?
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby shon maxx » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 am

THW wrote:
shon maxx wrote:The Naval Battles in the book are for the Nautilus but can easily be adapted for ship to ship as well.

Now that you mention it, using both Ship Firing tables can create some fun ship v. ship battles with quick and easy rules, which is great because I have a bunch of ship figures and no rules to use with them.

Thanks!
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:27 pm

shon maxx wrote:Okay thanks! I was running navel battles like PEFs. However, if I want to attack ships I need to either complete one of his missions or complete all of them and become captain, correct?

Right. Or do ship to ship gun battles like you mentioned.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Ok thanks. A couple questions.

A. Can I only recruit during the Carousing encounter or can I recruit at the beginning of the game?

B. I have a Carousal encounter coming up. I want to trade my SAR for a BAP, but none of the NPCs in the lists have a BAP. How do I get one?
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Crinklechips » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:22 pm

shon maxx wrote:Ok thanks. A couple questions.

A. Can I only recruit during the Carousing encounter or can I recruit at the beginning of the game?

B. I have a Carousal encounter coming up. I want to trade my SAR for a BAP, but none of the NPCs in the lists have a BAP. How do I get one?

These are good questions. I too would like the opportunity to "Carouse" with some different people in the game.
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 pm

shon maxx wrote:Ok thanks. A couple questions.

A. You can do it as a voluntary encounter.
B. Go carouse and take a Challenge Test.
Hope this helps.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Wed May 02, 2018 8:47 am

Thank you. Those help a lot!

I had already recruited two people at the beginning before I knew when I could, so I'll just balance that by not recruiting anymore until the next voluntary encounter.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Tekawiz » Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Maybe there is an Edd's Pub in town.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Next

Return to Everything Else