Stop the Squam - Missions of Tomorrow scenario

Answers to questions on other rules.

Stop the Squam - Missions of Tomorrow scenario

Postby shon maxx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:30 am

Here's another example of game play from Missions of Tomorrow. In this scenario, you must travel through the Desert Wastes to stop the villains from creating a deadly weapon. If you fail, you can expect one TOUGH final battle!

http://shonsgamecorner.blogspot.com/2018/03/stop-squam-scenario-for-missions-of.html
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Stop the Squam - Missions of Tomorrow scenario

Postby watti3460 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:38 pm

This is a nice scenario and AAR. Of course I am still waiting to see the supplement and the rules on how failing makes the final scene more difficult.

Incidentally, something I've been thinking about, but have not tried yet is more b-movie flavor to FT. Some ideas I have had:

1) A Mars Attacks, War of the Worlds style scenario. Most travel scenes would be confrontations. However, the characters are our plucky survivors being chased while trying to find clues and solve puzzles along the way in order to discover how to defeat the invaders. There may be some sort of new scene like the "Science" scene where the star needs to build a proto-type of a secret weapon, and maybe a Clandestine scene where they sneak on board a alien craft to discover their weaknesses.

2) Monster from Beyond. This one looks like The Blob or Beginning of the End. Something, either from another planet or created by accident, is loose in the vicinity and rapidly consuming the locals. Perhaps no one believes our star that something is out there and he needs clues in order to convince the local authorities. Maybe he needs to assemble clues to find out where it will strike next and, in the final scene, kill it as it threatens a love interest, day care, high school dance ect.

I hear there is another supplement close on the heels of this one. I hope it's not too long in coming.
watti3460
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Stop the Squam - Missions of Tomorrow scenario

Postby shon maxx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:33 pm

Yep, Adventures in Space should be out not long after Missions.

The Monster From Beyond and Blob sound like interesting ideas for a future project.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Everything Else