Revenge of the Wicker Man - A Fortunes AAR

Answers to questions on other rules.

Revenge of the Wicker Man - A Fortunes AAR

Postby shon maxx » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 pm

I decided to try a different take with Fortunes Won and Lost, using the rules to play a horror game after watching a movie the other night.

Here's the game:

http://shonsgamecorner.blogspot.com/2017/10/revenge-of-wicker-man.html
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Revenge of the Wicker Man - A Fortunes AAR

Postby Crinklechips » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 pm

A great story!

I must say I am constantly surprised by your creativity with the rules as well as story creation. ;)
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Tekawiz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Jim is ruthless!

One thing I started doing with PEF encounters is give my characters and option to "sneak by." I use the Fast Move Table in in LR. So instead of Jim fighting the last guard, he could try and sneak by him.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Tekawiz wrote:Jim is ruthless!

One thing I started doing with PEF encounters is give my characters and option to "sneak by." I use the Fast Move Table in in LR. So instead of Jim fighting the last guard, he could try and sneak by him.

Which is like a Challenge.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

Crinklechips wrote:A great story!

I must say I am constantly surprised by your creativity with the rules as well as story creation. ;)

Thanks! :D

Tekawiz wrote:Jim is ruthless!

Well, knowing his crew was tricked and burned alive would do that to a person.

As Ed said, sneaking by the guards would be a basic challenge roll. I used this to sneak up to guards but I didn't sneak past any because I figured if things went sour, any surviving guards would attack. As for the last one, I didn't sneak past him because Jim just got his pistol and I really wanted him to use it.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 pm

If you sneak past guards, when you run into more I'd have these come up from behind, as part of the total met.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Tekawiz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 pm

THW wrote:If you sneak past guards, when you run into more I'd have these come up from behind, as part of the total met.

That would be the Pass 0d6 result. Your group thinks they make it past the guards but they hear you and come in from behind = PEF acts first as if winning 2d6 on the Action Table.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby shon maxx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am

That's why I only used the sneak challenge to get close to the guards before taking them out. I knew that any failed roll would result in a tough fight, and any surviving guards would just made things worse.

I ran another game based on the film, Ghost and the Darkness. Unfortunately, I don't think there are ways to run games (using any THW title) for my other favorite horror movies like Jacob's Ladder, The Changeling, Lake Mungo, and The Grudge, especially since most of them don't really have external combat.

http://shonsgamecorner.blogspot.com/2017/10/winter-and-chill-another-fortunes-aar.html
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Everything Else