Larger Than Life -DC Movement?

All things Six Gun Sound, Colonial Adventures, Larger Than Life and much more.

Larger Than Life -DC Movement?

Postby TweednDust » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:25 pm

After reading through the LTL and Chain Reaction -15 rules for the first time I have a few questions regarding movement. Hopefully you guys can tell me if I have missed something or give suggestions on how you handle it.

-Group movement and In sight
The rules state that you move your group until you get into line of sight from an enemy and when the test is triggered you can move the figures an additional two inches. How do you solve this in practice? Usually I move one model at a time, but that wont work here as then the two extra inches wont let the rest of the group catch up with the model who triggered the test. I guess you can move the whole group to the place you know the test will be triggered and then push one of them into the LOS, and place them as optimal as possible.

-Moving PEF's and NPC's
Is there no rules for movement of NPC's in LTL? I've only fond rules stating that PEF's do not move. But what about all the NPC's the encounters and defining movements generates? Is the idea that the chain reaction rule takes care of them, and they either flee or gets knocked out before any movement is required? Or do people use the PEF/NPC-movement rules from Chain Reaction to solve it?
TweednDust
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Larger Than Life -DC Movement?

Postby THW » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:39 pm

TweednDust wrote:After reading through the LTL and Chain Reaction -15 rules for the first time I have a few questions regarding movement. Hopefully you guys can tell me if I have missed something or give suggestions on how you handle it.

Here goes.

-Group movement and In sight
The rules state that you move your group until you get into line of sight from an enemy and when the test is triggered you can move the figures an additional two inches. How do you solve this in practice? Usually I move one model at a time, but that wont work here as then the two extra inches wont let the rest of the group catch up with the model who triggered the test. I guess you can move the whole group to the place you know the test will be triggered and then push one of them into the LOS, and place them as optimal as possible. Movement is simultaneous so move the whole group as you said and then send out one figure (point man or scout) to see what happens.

-Moving PEF's and NPC's
Is there no rules for movement of NPC's in LTL? I've only fond rules stating that PEF's do not move. But what about all the NPC's the encounters and defining movements generates? Is the idea that the chain reaction rule takes care of them, and they either flee or gets knocked out before any movement is required? Or do people use the PEF/NPC-movement rules from Chain Reaction to solve it? You can use Chain Reaction, but you'll see that the Reactions will take care of the NPC movement. Hope this helps,
Ed
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Larger Than Life -DC Movement?

Postby TweednDust » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 am

Thanks for the answer.
I guess it is a bit hard to imagine the effect of the Reactions until I've seen it happen in a live game. It will be interesting to try out. Except for the front man perhaps ...
TweednDust
Rep 3
Rep 3

Return to Western, Colonial & Pulp