Fortunes Won & Lost AAR - Part 3.

All things Six Gun Sound, Colonial Adventures, Larger Than Life and much more.

Fortunes Won & Lost AAR - Part 3.

Postby THW » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:38 pm

Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (52.17 KiB) Viewed 5538 times

Carousing at the Dancing Frog aboard the Brittany Star.

http://2hourblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/carousing-at-dancing-frog.html
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Fortunes Won & Lost AAR - Part 3.

Postby shon maxx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:05 am

Cool use of the UIC. What happened to Part 2 though? It showed up on Facebook for a short bit and then vanished. And I never saw it here. The Lemuria post is Part 1, right?
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Part 2.

http://2hourblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/so-arizona-bob-and-group-are-on.html

It's still on Facebook too. Brittany Star.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Yep that's the one! When FB messed up on me, I couldn't find it. I like how you can use the rules to have high seas games using most of the other rules. Heck, you could even use the UIC. Challenges could include fishing, repairing the ship, or maneuvering through a storm. Interactions could include trading or intimidating other captains. You could then use Confrontations for ship to ship battles (using just the Reps of the captains), with the winner choosing either to flee or board the other ship (Raid or Defend).
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby General » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Ed,

Thanks for posting! When you wrote, "While some rules have specifics for this [interacting], Fortunes Won & Lost and Mission St. Mary do not", which rule-sets were you referring to? Which rules are the most detailed/advanced?

Phil
General
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby davidlhsl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:46 pm

General wrote:Ed,

Thanks for posting! When you wrote, "While some rules have specifics for this [interacting], Fortunes Won & Lost and Mission St. Mary do not", which rule-sets were you referring to? Which rules are the most detailed/advanced?

Phil

Probably the Talk the Talk style tests found in 5150: Urban Renewal, And a Bottle of Rum Free Ports, Larger Than Life, etc. where you roll Rep # of d6 and compare number of successes. I love this type of opposed challenge, because you can have a variety of results beyond pass/fail.

The way Interactions are presented in Legends of Araby and 5150: Bright Lights Back Alleys (I think that's the title) work differently, but these are interesting in their own right due to the inclusion of possibility rolls within the tables. There are gaming situations where I would prefer this style even more than the Talk the Talk tests, because the subsequent die rolls can branch different ways, making the results even more varied.

Since these tests are included in published product, I don't know how much more detail I should provide.

Regarding gambling, Faro has been provided in And a Bottle of Rum (base rules or Free Port?) and Six Gun Sound. This is a fun mini-game to play.

-David
davidlhsl
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 pm

David has it pretty well covered. The UIC will work though but not near the detail.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Western, Colonial & Pulp