Help me Obi Wan Konobi you're my only hope

Answers to questions on other rules.

Help me Obi Wan Konobi you're my only hope

Postby zonk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 am

I want to do a pulpish sf game and wondered if I need Future Tales? I have LTL2 (and all of the 5150 RPG supplements) and a comparison of the TOCs shows little difference and some of the TOC differences just seem to be format improvements.

I think... anyway what's the killer Ap in Future Tales that I won't have with it?
zonk
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Help me Obi Wan Konobi you're my only hope

Postby watti3460 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 am

It's been a long time since I looked at LTL2 but if you have space battles from 5150 and alien generation of some sort I can't think of any major differences. In fact I play FT more than Fringe Space but I am going to be borrowing the space combat rules from the latter because I think they are more detailed and allow for more detail and suspense.
watti3460
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 am

zonk wrote:I want to do a pulpish sf game and wondered if I need Future Tales? I have LTL2 (and all of the 5150 RPG supplements) and a comparison of the TOCs shows little difference and some of the TOC differences just seem to be format improvements.

I think... anyway what's the killer Ap in Future Tales that I won't have with it?

You can make work with what you already have I think. FT was for those that wanted to play Pulp Sci Fi but didn't want to go the 5150 route.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Deathworks » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 am

Hello!

Since you are referring to the original series, there is one thing that strikes me, namely robots. As far as I recall, you don't get robot stars and grunts with 5150 or LTL (I have Director's Cut). So, if you need C3PO or R2D2, FT may come in handy (besides 5150 having a bleak rather than a pulpy tone). But I admit that I haven't gone through all the supplements to check if there are some hidden optional robots (^_^;;

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 pm

NHC PI has Cyndees, Bladerunnerish Replicants.

http://twohourwargames.com/newhopecitypi.html
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:55 pm

If you're looking specifically for adventures 'in a galaxy far far away,' here's an add-on for Future Tales, though it's also compatible with LTL with a few tweaks.
Attachments
SW FT.pdf
(952.18 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Everything Else