Help me Obi Wan Konobi you're my only hope

All things Six Gun Sound, Colonial Adventures, Larger Than Life and much more.

Help me Obi Wan Konobi you're my only hope

Postby zonk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 am

I want to do a pulpish sf game and wondered if I need Future Tales? I have LTL2 (and all of the 5150 RPG supplements) and a comparison of the TOCs shows little difference and some of the TOC differences just seem to be format improvements.

I think... anyway what's the killer Ap in Future Tales that I won't have with it?
zonk
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Help me Obi Wan Konobi you're my only hope

Postby watti3460 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 am

It's been a long time since I looked at LTL2 but if you have space battles from 5150 and alien generation of some sort I can't think of any major differences. In fact I play FT more than Fringe Space but I am going to be borrowing the space combat rules from the latter because I think they are more detailed and allow for more detail and suspense.
watti3460
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 am

zonk wrote:I want to do a pulpish sf game and wondered if I need Future Tales? I have LTL2 (and all of the 5150 RPG supplements) and a comparison of the TOCs shows little difference and some of the TOC differences just seem to be format improvements.

I think... anyway what's the killer Ap in Future Tales that I won't have with it?

You can make work with what you already have I think. FT was for those that wanted to play Pulp Sci Fi but didn't want to go the 5150 route.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Deathworks » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 am

Hello!

Since you are referring to the original series, there is one thing that strikes me, namely robots. As far as I recall, you don't get robot stars and grunts with 5150 or LTL (I have Director's Cut). So, if you need C3PO or R2D2, FT may come in handy (besides 5150 having a bleak rather than a pulpy tone). But I admit that I haven't gone through all the supplements to check if there are some hidden optional robots (^_^;;

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 pm

NHC PI has Cyndees, Bladerunnerish Replicants.

http://twohourwargames.com/newhopecitypi.html
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:55 pm

If you're looking specifically for adventures 'in a galaxy far far away,' here's an add-on for Future Tales, though it's also compatible with LTL with a few tweaks.
Attachments
SW FT.pdf
(952.18 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Western, Colonial & Pulp