Speech bubble program...

Anything non-gaming related.

Speech bubble program...

Postby BaldingNinja » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a free and safe to download program that I can add on speech bubbles to pictures for battle reports. I think it would flesh out my batreps a little better and give them more flavor. 8-)

Scott
BaldingNinja
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Speech bubble program...

Postby WargamingR » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:00 pm

BaldingNinja wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a free and safe to download program that I can add on speech bubbles to pictures for battle reports. I think it would flesh out my batreps a little better and give them more flavor. 8-)

Scott

If you have Powerpoint (or possibly MS Word) then you already have the ability to add speech bubbles.

If you want a free program, then try Open Office (sometimes known as Libre Office) which can open and save in MS formats and also has speech bubbles (called "callouts").

I'm assuming you don't have a graphics program like Photoshop - there is a free alternative called Gimp which you could also try.

Have fun ;-)
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby BaldingNinja » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:27 pm

*Sigh* I didn't fathom Paint would have speech bubbles so didn't even check. Thanks for pointing that out!!!!! :oops:
BaldingNinja
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby sismis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:31 pm

FastStone Image Viewer is a freeware image browser we at work (web development company) use for ages. I cannot recommend it enough. Adjust colors, levels, hues, resize, BATCH resize and rename, add watermark, border, rotate, clone and heal, in incredible speed and style.
View image, move mouse to left border and choose Edit Image. Add text, shapes, lines, mark and highlight to your heart's delight.
sismis
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby BaldingNinja » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks Sisims! I think that is a little advanced for what I want to do though. I mean, I'd like to make them top notch quality battle reps but with a baby son, my time is limited so resizing then slapping some bubbles on a pic is about as involved as I can get right now. :D
BaldingNinja
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby WargamingR » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm

BaldingNinja wrote:Thanks Sisims! I think that is a little advanced for what I want to do though. I mean, I'd like to make them top notch quality battle reps but with a baby son, my time is limited so resizing then slapping some bubbles on a pic is about as involved as I can get right now. :D

And that's still more than some of us without babies manage to do. I haven't updated my website for over a year *sigh* :roll:
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby sismis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm

BaldingNinja wrote:Thanks Sisims! I think that is a little advanced for what I want to do though. I mean, I'd like to make them top notch quality battle reps but with a baby son, my time is limited so resizing then slapping some bubbles on a pic is about as involved as I can get right now. :D

I know, I manage all my pictures with my baby girl :D We have like 8000 pictures with her.

It's easy. Click on image to view it and push cursor left, or in browse (explorer mode) click Edit - Draw Board. On the left select bubbles and that's it! It even preserves layers so you can place bubble on image and select other bubbles to change to it. Move and resize around. Double click on it to enter text.

It really sounds more complicated than really is :D
Besides, this program will be great to handle your digital photos collection of your baby boy!
sismis
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to General Discussion