Fixing the forum image problem ?

Anything non-gaming related.

Fixing the forum image problem ?

Postby demether » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:30 am

Hi,

I don't post as much as I would like on the forum, simply because I cannot link external hosted images (from my website, or imageshack, photobucket, etc...). So I have to upload again my pics especially for this forum, and respect size and weight limitations, and also number of pictures.

I'm wondering if a fix could be done for this long term problem ?

thanks
Owner of : Warrior Heroes : Legends - Larger than life - 5150 NewBeginings - Rally Round the King - All thing Zombie + Risks deck - 5150 Star Navy - NUTS! + Clash Of Titans + Stalingrad : Heroes All - NUTS Big Battles
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Re: Fixing the forum image problem ?

Postby THW » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:00 pm

demether wrote:Hi,

I don't post as much as I would like on the forum, simply because I cannot link external hosted images (from my website, or imageshack, photobucket, etc...). So I have to upload again my pics especially for this forum, and respect size and weight limitations, and also number of pictures.

I'm wondering if a fix could be done for this long term problem ?

thanks

Not sure why you are having problems. I see it posted al the time. Here's an example - follow the message to see the link posted in the forum

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2568
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby demether » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 pm

I mean embedded pictures, with the img tags, not web links ;)
Owner of : Warrior Heroes : Legends - Larger than life - 5150 NewBeginings - Rally Round the King - All thing Zombie + Risks deck - 5150 Star Navy - NUTS! + Clash Of Titans + Stalingrad : Heroes All - NUTS Big Battles
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:02 pm

2d6scifif.jpg
(193.59 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

Oh, like this? There's a link down below with the option to upload. The sizes are limited by the site as far as I know. I'll ask the web guy to check.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby demether » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Yes, I know I can upload on the forum, but as you said, size is limited, and number of uploads too (3 images by post, I believe).

But if I want to integrate an image using an external host (like photobucket or imageshack, for instance), using the "img" code (like on any other forum), there is a error message displayed.

That's not convinient at all, since most people usually upload their pics on their own website or image service (picasa, photobucket, even facebook I believe) and copy/paste the image link directly in forums.

thanks
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 pm

demether wrote:Yes, I know I can upload on the forum, but as you said, size is limited, and number of uploads too (3 images by post, I believe).

But if I want to integrate an image using an external host (like photobucket or imageshack, for instance), using the "img" code (like on any other forum), there is a error message displayed.

That's not convinient at all, since most people usually upload their pics on their own website or image service (picasa, photobucket, even facebook I believe) and copy/paste the image link directly in forums.

thanks

I've passed it on to the web dude.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby demether » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:18 pm

thank you, Ed !
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby ThePup » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:49 am

This has come up a few times since the inception of the forums - I agree, it's an inconvenience at best. I will check things again and see if anything's changed, but last I looked into it, it was that the web host doesn't allow the PHP calls necessary to link to images in other sources, and is something that we don't have control over. :(
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw
ThePup
Rep 7 - Halfassed Webmaster
Rep 7 - Halfassed Webmaster

Location: Frozen hell-hole that we decided to call our capital, Australia

Postby lucky henry » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:15 am

I don't see it as a real problem as long as you can post a link. If someone wants to see the image just click it. :roll:
lucky henry
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Atomic Floozy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:24 am

Images from my website (taken with an old Nikon Colorpix 5600) & images taken with my iPad are usually to large to attach. The simple solution is to email myself a copy of the picture & when I save the email attachment, it saves at a lower resolution & takes less memory & fits a forum post just fine.

It's a small hassle, but takes less than a minute to do.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Next

Return to General Discussion