Distractions in Miniature

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

Distractions in Miniature

Postby nukesnipe » Sat May 17, 2014 3:27 am

Well, I've finally ventured (tentatively) into the world of social media. I've set up a blog at http://distractionsinminiature.blogspot.com/ where I plan to post photos of my miniatures collections and AARs of various games I play, along with other things as they strike my fancy. Very much a work in progress, but I do have photos of several of my 15mm miniatures if you are interested.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Distractions in Miniature

Postby TXWargamer » Sat May 17, 2014 3:41 am

Nice start. I followed it and look forward to more posts. I wish folks would be better about following gaming blogs as it really helps keep us posting. Seeing your new entry reminds me that I need to update!
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby TXWargamer » Sat May 17, 2014 3:43 am

BTW - are you available for any gaming in June?
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby nukesnipe » Sat May 17, 2014 10:54 am

TXWargamer wrote:BTW - are you available for any gaming in June?

June, maybe. May's right out. We leave in a half-hour for Nebraska and my Godson's high school graduation, then She Who Must Be Obeyed has me on lock down Memorial weekend. However....

...she's going to be out of town for a couple of weeks in June. Hee, hee, hee....

And, thanks for the kind comments. This whole blog thing is very much outside the envelope of my comfort zone. I really have you folks on the forums to blame. Seeing what you and Elaine (? "Atomic Floozy") and especially the gent with his "Reich of a Thousand Deads" campaign have done gave me the inspiration (courage?) to try it.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby nukesnipe » Sat May 24, 2014 3:07 am

Just updated my blog http://distractionsinminiature.blogspot.com/ with some more photos of my 15mm miniature collection.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby nukesnipe » Sat May 31, 2014 3:54 am

Just updated my blog http://distractionsinminiature.blogspot.com/ with some more photos of my miniatures. Hopefully, next weekend I'll get a chance to toy around with ATZ:FFO and take some photos.

If anyone speaks Blogger and HTML, I could use some advice. Whenever I edit a page, my internal links get appended with with a Blogger href line that trashes my links. Consequently, every time I edit the page - even to correct a typo - I have to fix all of the internal links on that page. Not hard, but annoying as all get out. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby nukesnipe » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:11 am

Just updated my blog http://distractionsinminiature.blogspot.com/ with some photos of my Rebel Minis Modern Zombies Assortment Set 2, or what I call "High School of the Dead". Love that anime....

I think I figured out the "Blogspot hoses my links" issue. It seems that if you work in "Compose" view, the links get gooned up. But, if you stay in "HTML" view, everything is fine. Weird.

Modern Zombie Assortment Set 3 is on the work bench with about half the miniatures painted. I hope to finish them in the next couple of weeks. I'm so behind my 20 a month goal.... :cry:
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby nukesnipe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:20 am

FINALLY! I finally finished the project I started in June! I just updated my blog http://distractionsinminiature.blogspot.com/ with some more zombies and survivors.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Biddo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:37 pm

wow nice job! You did a great job painting such small minis.
Biddo
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby nukesnipe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Biddo wrote:wow nice job! You did a great job painting such small minis.

Thanks, Biddo. Now, I just need to find the time to actually play some games with them! ;)
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Next

Return to The Hobby