Anyone seen Nolzur miniatures

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

Anyone seen Nolzur miniatures

Postby ZorroGames » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Apparently an alternative or competition to Reaper Bones.

Saw a video but I have some concerns of durability of the product. Anyone bought and played with these figures. Painting always looks nice but having played since the days of lead bayonets I an always torn between "no 50 pound swords/axes" and warriors using "only hilts, no blades" in games because they broke mid-game.
Gracias,

Glenn

Avatar from Desert Documentary by Kieran McCarty - Soldado de Cuera illustration
http://www.library.arizona.edu
Kindly edited by Biddo
SOLDADO DE CUERA
Illustrated by
José Cisneros, El Paso
ZorroGames
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Anyone seen Nolzur miniatures

Postby clemandet5 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:12 pm

I do not have the same issues as you
clemandet5
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Bartman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Well, for $3.59 (MiniatureMarket) for a pack of 2 man sized, 3 smaller or 1 large monster it is worth it to me to buy a couple of packs and check them out. I love the old D&D style, especially the troll. I'll grab some for sure next month when I get paid. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill
Bartman
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby flashcove » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:23 pm

They look good. I'm too busy painting for Bayou Wars to play with them now, but they're definitely on the list.
The only good zombie no longer moves.
Flashcove
flashcove
Rep 7 - Moderator
Rep 7 - Moderator

Postby BLACKSTAR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Those minis are really nice looking. The price is good. The only downside to them is that they're primed with Vallejo primer. I'd much rather they were un-primed, so that I could prime them with a better, more durable, primer.
BLACKSTAR
Two Hour Warmonger

my blog-

THE BLACKSTAR CHRONICLES
BLACKSTAR
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby jamemurp » Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Never used Vallejo primer, but I love their paints. The VMC and VGC lines are great and I have heard good things about Vallejo Air. What is wrong with the primer? Does it not adhere well to the material? Is it too coarse?

The thing I do not like is that they are primed with the molding lines still on. I hate mold lines on my models with a burning passion, and the difficulty of removing them on Bones models is what turned me off to that material.
jamemurp
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby BLACKSTAR » Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm

I've never had any luck with Vallejo paints on gaming miniatures. Vallejo paints just don't stand up to handling when used on game pieces. They have great colors, but poor durability. I only use Vallejo paints on static display models.

Also, I too, prefer to remove the mold lines from a mini before priming it. I won't waste money on a bottle of Vallejo primer to re-prime the area that I have just trimmed the mold lines from.
BLACKSTAR
Two Hour Warmonger

my blog-

THE BLACKSTAR CHRONICLES
BLACKSTAR
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to The Hobby