Meanders 2 Digital Terrain Maps Kickstarter

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

Meanders 2 Digital Terrain Maps Kickstarter

Postby nukesnipe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 pm

I wanted to let you know about an interesting Kickstarter project for those interested in digital terrain maps. Other than being a supporter of the project, I have nothing to do with it. This is simply the testimony of a very satisfied customer. ;-)

Meanders 2 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... =user_menu is a wide-ranging set of geomorphic terrain map panels for use with table top gaming. The panels are pretty large, printing out at 27" x 18". Each panel has paths that align with the other panels, allowing you to mix and match panels as desired.

I supported the first Meanders project and can attest to the quality and detail of the maps; they are simply gorgeous. I've printed and laminated (okay, Rachel at Office Depot did the printing and laminating) the Meanders 1 forest and jungle sets (a total of 8 panels). Each four-panel set creates a 54" x 36" map with connecting paths.

For those into the virtual table top thing, the project includes VTT files.

The Kickstarter project page goes into much better detail than I could hope to, so I would encourage anyone interested in terrain maps to take a look as the project has a lot to offer.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Meanders 2 Digital Terrain Maps Kickstarter

Postby clemandet5 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Looks really nice
clemandet5
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby nukesnipe » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:24 pm

They really are stunning. I have the local Office Depot print and laminate them for me (the print out at 27.24 x 18.25 inches). They guy making them is considering going the Patreon route vice doing any more Kickstarters. I think he believes it will result in a steadier work load rather than running a KS campaign and then rushing to make the maps as quickly as possible.

If he does go Patreon, I'll be there!
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby WargamingR » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 pm

They are great quality and he is also providing individual components (depending on which level you backed at) so you can create your own - along with 100+pages of instructions on how to use GIMP to make them :-)

I'll be using them for VTT games myself...
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Return to The Hobby