BOARD UPDATE!

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

BOARD UPDATE!

Postby ThePup » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:29 am

TL;DR - Board going down for updates sometime. It'll hopefully come back up. :-)

So, the board software is FINALLY getting an update. More for security reasons than any sort of feature updates (There may be feature updates too, but they're just a happy side-effect).

There's going to be a couple of unhappy side-effects too.

1) The new version doesn't support old board styles, so the colour scheme is going to revert back to bog standard until I modify a new one to something similar that I'm happy with

2) There's going to be downtime whilst the upgrade happens. I can't give an exact time on this, and I'm not sure exactly how long it'll take. It's a relatively small database in the grand scheme of things, so I'm hoping not long. Hoping I can get to it this evening.

3) There's a small chance it's all going to go titsup and destroy the board. I have made backups just in case this happens. So at the very worst it'll just take a little more downtime whilst I bring back the backup. Hopefully. Or it may just fail catastrophically and you'll come along and find a new board with no posts on it, except perhaps an apology from the halfassed webmaster. ;-)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw
ThePup
Rep 7 - Halfassed Webmaster

Location: Frozen hell-hole that we decided to call our capital, Australia

Re: BOARD UPDATE!

Postby ThePup » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:50 am

Update on timings. The wife is going out Wednesday afternoon / evening. That will give me a window in which I only have to worry about kids demands, not wife demands as well ;)

It'll kick off around 0500Z. It'll hopefully be back one way or the other by 1000Z.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw
ThePup

Postby Atomic Floozy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Is 0500Z 0500 "Zulu" time? That means I have to do math. Zulu time is the same as Greenwich Mean Time, right?

And how come Zulus and mean green witches get their own special time?
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby BLACKSTAR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Atomic Floozy wrote:Is 0500Z 0500 "Zulu" time? That means I have to do math. Zulu time is the same as Greenwich Mean Time, right?

And how come Zulus and mean green witches get their own special time?

0500 GMT Wednesday would be 1100 CST Tuesday our time AF ;)

GMT converter -
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
BLACKSTAR
Two Hour Warmonger

my blog-

THE BLACKSTAR CHRONICLES
BLACKSTAR
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby ThePup » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Sorry AF, I thought using the Mean Green Witch time was giving you local... :P

(OK, OK... Sorry again, I normally reserve those comments for the wife...)
ThePup

Postby BLACKSTAR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Well, I guess the update went okay except that all photos in posts got killed :shock:
BLACKSTAR
Two Hour Warmonger

my blog-

THE BLACKSTAR CHRONICLES
BLACKSTAR
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby ThePup » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:05 pm

BLACKSTAR wrote:Well, I guess the update went okay except that all photos in posts got killed :shock:

Really? Buggrit, I'll see if I can restore them. I backed up everything, they should be there somewhere. I took a cursory glance around the board after I was done swearing at it, but didn't think to check some pages with images.
ThePup

Postby Zuperfaust » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:56 am

BLACKSTAR wrote:Well, I guess the update went okay except that all photos in posts got killed :shock:

It's a long time I don't tackle phpBB, but iirc each attachment is assigned an ID number. Probably the update has broken the reference between image ID and image filename. You could check the old DB table and compare it with the new one.

Hope this helps.
Zuperfaust
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Deathworks » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:32 am

Hello!

It seems that uploads have also been corrupted. I tried downloading one or two errata, and found that the files were no longer usable. However, they seem to be partially there, so it seems to be more complicated than a lost reference (^_^;;

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:34 pm

They are being replaced. Be specific and I can put them on the list.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Next

Return to The Hobby