DFW Texas (Grapevine) Oct 27-29 Lone Star Game Expo ATZ

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

DFW Texas (Grapevine) Oct 27-29 Lone Star Game Expo ATZ

Postby TwoGunBob » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Okay, as usual I'm dead set opposed to not using my urban terrain I've been carting around for seven or eight years and decided to run All Things Zombie for the Lone Star Game Expo over in Grapevine, TX on October 27-29. I'm still writing up the game description and tossing around ideas. Part of me wants to go competitive over cooperative cause I ALWAYS have played ATZ cooperatively. I'm thinking hospital raid with limited resources available to raid for, one Rep 5 figure per player, up to 10 players. Players can shoot it out for who gets the medicine back to their camp. Nothing fancy, clear cut objectives, no vehicles.

Link for the convention
http://lonestargameexpo.com

Okay, so... Anyone ever find a stack of Two Hour Wargames rulebooks at the old Area 51 location? I mean, my 5150 book is missing, my Qwik book, Final Fade Out, and Charioteer have also vanished. Ed, someone have a vendetta against you? I brought them up to the store at various times and surely someone would have known they were mine or at least guessed. I certainly don't remember using them for fire starters. Strange so many 2HW books grew legs. Couldn't have been my Legend of the 5 Rings wargame book that I've never used, oh no. The minis are all still accounted for... So strange.

You have some ideas for a scenario I should run? Throw them at me. I've got a 6x4 urban table and honestly I jsut can't come up with an interesting scenario besides competitive smash n' grab at the moment.

I'm running a full boat of Blades in the Dark (indie RPG about fantasy, Victorian thieves), Tequendria (Lord Dunsany fantasy RPG), Doctor Who Miniatures Game (because ALWAYS, I always run it all over Texas and Oklahoma too), and All Things Zombie. RPG's on Friday, miniatures on Saturday. I'm not affiliated with the convention, I'm just running my favorite games there.
TwoGunBob
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: DFW Texas (Grapevine) Oct 27-29 Lone Star Game Expo ATZ

Postby THW » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Loss the books, that sucks. Still have the PDFs?
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby TwoGunBob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh yeah, figure I'll print out the relevant QRS for FFO. I'd have to double check for PDF's on Charioteer and Qwik because I bought those from you at a convention and I know you sent an email with the links but I may have never used them. Library is intact on a back up drive probably need to move them into my iBooks on my phone. It's weird to look up rules on your phone. Seems somehow wrong not to be rapidly flipping through pages.
TwoGunBob
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Just email me if you need them.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby TXWargamer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:44 pm

TwoGunBob wrote:Okay, as usual I'm dead set opposed to not using my urban terrain I've been carting around for seven or eight years and decided to run All Things Zombie for the Lone Star Game Expo over in Grapevine, TX on October 27-29. I'm still writing up the game description and tossing around ideas. Part of me wants to go competitive over cooperative cause I ALWAYS have played ATZ cooperatively. I'm thinking hospital raid with limited resources available to raid for, one Rep 5 figure per player, up to 10 players. Players can shoot it out for who gets the medicine back to their camp. Nothing fancy, clear cut objectives, no vehicles.

Link for the convention
http://lonestargameexpo.com

Okay, so... Anyone ever find a stack of Two Hour Wargames rulebooks at the old Area 51 location? I mean, my 5150 book is missing, my Qwik book, Final Fade Out, and Charioteer have also vanished. Ed, someone have a vendetta against you? I brought them up to the store at various times and surely someone would have known they were mine or at least guessed. I certainly don't remember using them for fire starters. Strange so many 2HW books grew legs. Couldn't have been my Legend of the 5 Rings wargame book that I've never used, oh no. The minis are all still accounted for... So strange.

You have some ideas for a scenario I should run? Throw them at me. I've got a 6x4 urban table and honestly I jsut can't come up with an interesting scenario besides competitive smash n' grab at the moment.

I'm running a full boat of Blades in the Dark (indie RPG about fantasy, Victorian thieves), Tequendria (Lord Dunsany fantasy RPG), Doctor Who Miniatures Game (because ALWAYS, I always run it all over Texas and Oklahoma too), and All Things Zombie. RPG's on Friday, miniatures on Saturday. I'm not affiliated with the convention, I'm just running my favorite games there.

Hey I live in Grapevine and didn't know about this! I hope to register as see you there.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Return to The Hobby