Muskets and Mohawks: Light Infantry

The 'early' gunpowder days. Muskets and Mohawks, Long Rifle, Muskets and Shakos, And a Bottle of Rum and similar era games.

Muskets and Mohawks: Light Infantry

Postby Cluck Amok » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:18 am

Ed or Bob,

Light Infantry are specifically categorized as "Regulars" and are described as "British Regulars trained to operate as Light infantry in 1758" and "Regulars trained for fighting unformed in difficult terrain." I've looked high and low in the rules and can't find any way in which they are treated differently than standard-issue Regulars in woods or difficult terrain.

Have I missed something, presuming Lights should have some advantage in woods or difficult terrain compared to regular Regulars?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Cluck Amok
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Muskets and Mohawks: Light Infantry

Postby THW » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Cluck Amok wrote:Ed or Bob,

Light Infantry are specifically categorized as "Regulars" and are described as "British Regulars trained to operate as Light infantry in 1758" and "Regulars trained for fighting unformed in difficult terrain." I've looked high and low in the rules and can't find any way in which they are treated differently than standard-issue Regulars in woods or difficult terrain.

Have I missed something, presuming Lights should have some advantage in woods or difficult terrain compared to regular Regulars?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Yep, they count as Irregular when unformed so have modifiers on the Charge Into Melee Table (page 41), behave differently on the Reaction Tests (page 40 passing 1d6), as well have having a chance of better Rep with a +1 modifier (page 9).
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Muskets and Mohawks: Light Infantry

Postby Cluck Amok » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:21 am

Ahhh, that is EXACTLY the way I wanted to play it :D

Thanks again for the quick response, Ed.
Cluck Amok
Rep 3
Rep 3

Return to Napoleonics / Black Powder / Pirates