Bestiary

It's a broad topic, but it's essentially anything pre-gun era. Warrior Heroes, Red Sand Blue Sky, Rally Round the King for a start.

Bestiary

Postby watti3460 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Does anyone know if there is anything approaching a bestiary available? I know there are some in rule sets but i'm looking just for critters.
watti3460
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Bestiary

Postby EasyEight » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi, not as such though a few upcoming Talomir books have more critters to encounter -- a bestiary may be a good idea.
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby bekosh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:16 pm

I made up some monsters from D&D for use in Warrior Heroes Legends. I was playing the D&D solo modules with WHL for the combat.
Attachments
DnD Monsters for WHL.pdf
(72.99 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Carpe Dementia!
bekosh
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:28 pm

watti3460 wrote:Does anyone know if there is anything approaching a bestiary available? I know there are some in rule sets but i'm looking just for critters.

That's a good idea. With all the fantasy books in THW that's a good idea. Let me see what I can do, sespecially with Talomir Tales now out .
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:25 pm

I look forward to hearing about this if someone works on it. The challenge is not just coming up with monsters, but also with creating encounter tables, Since you don’t have a game master telling you what you run into. Maybe encounter lists for each region of Talomir or by terrain (mountains, desert, water, etc.).
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Crinklechips » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:48 pm

shon maxx wrote:I look forward to hearing about this if someone works on it. The challenge is not just coming up with monsters, but also with creating encounter tables, Since you don’t have a game master telling you what you run into. Maybe encounter lists for each region of Talomir or by terrain (mountains, desert, water, etc.).

I agree with this comment. Yep, I'd love a bestiary with encounter tables.
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Buffrockjaw » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:16 pm

shon maxx wrote:I look forward to hearing about this if someone works on it. The challenge is not just coming up with monsters, but also with creating encounter tables, Since you don’t have a game master telling you what you run into. Maybe encounter lists for each region of Talomir or by terrain (mountains, desert, water, etc.).

yes! yes! that would be perfect!
Buffrockjaw
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Crinklechips wrote:

The best way would be a Talomir Atlas listing all the creatures that can be found in different parts of the world...it's a big world too. 31 nations.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Buffrockjaw » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:39 pm

THW wrote:
Crinklechips wrote:

The best way would be a Talomir Atlas listing all the creatures that can be found in different parts of the world...it's a big world too. 31 nations.

I'll totally buy one.
Buffrockjaw
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby shon maxx » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Same here. That’d be a lot of tables, but it would have plenty of options for encounters .
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Next

Return to Talomir Tales and other Fantasy