Charging in RRtK

It's a broad topic, but it's essentially anything pre-gun era. Warrior Heroes, Red Sand Blue Sky, Rally Round the King for a start.

Charging in RRtK

Postby ianjgow » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Massive 850pt per side 26 vs 35 units game tonight, finished in 3 hours with a convincing victory for one side. Well done, RRtK. Couple of questions as usual, though.

Angled Charges p34 when side A charges into contact with side B at an angle, do the chargers have to conform to the enemy units or do the defenders turn, making a saw-tooth configuration as shown in the diagram?

I have 3 units in Melee with 2 enemy units, having 1 overlap & the Melee continues. Next move, can an enemy unit charge into my overlapping unit? If so, would it have to take a Wanting to Charge Reaction & would the unit charged have to take a Being Charged Reaction?

Regards,

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Charging in RRtK

Postby THW » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:49 am

ianjgow wrote:Massive 850pt per side 26 vs 35 units game tonight, finished in 3 hours with a convincing victory for one side. Well done, RRtK. Couple of questions as usual, though.

Here goes.

Angled Charges p34 when side A charges into contact with side B at an angle, do the chargers have to conform to the enemy units or do the defenders turn, making a saw-tooth configuration as shown in the diagram?

No, just move into contact, no one turns.

I have 3 units in Melee with 2 enemy units, having 1 overlap & the Melee continues. Next move, can an enemy unit charge into my overlapping unit? Yes. Even if it was in one on one melee. If so, would it have to take a Wanting to Charge Reaction & would the unit charged have to take a Being Charged Reaction? Yes on both counts and if it started on the flankor rear, the charge would be to the flank/rear. Hope this helps.

Regards,

j
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby pahoota » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:11 am

ianjgow wrote:Massive 850pt per side 26 vs 35 units game tonight, finished in 3 hours with a convincing victory for one side. Well done, RRtK.

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with RRtK. Great game; my favorite THW title after Friday Night Fights.

I have a million projects going right now but these posts have inspired me to try to finish painting some armies. Thanks!
pahoota
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby TXWargamer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:53 am

I used to play lots of competitive and leisure DBA. Over the years, I have moved to RRtK over the years and along with Colonial Adventures they are my favorites.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby ianjgow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi,

Back in the saddle with RRtK & a follow up question re: this topic from last week's game.

With the Angled Charges p34 as the Chargers don’t pivot to face the Defenders, but remain in the "saw-tooth" formation as depicted in the ilustration, what happeneds if the Chargers are Mounted that did not Rout enemy Foot, which must Retire & take 1 Hit? Does each unit measure its Retire move from where it is, meaning that the Body will end its Retire move still in this “saw-tooth” formation?

Regards,

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Correct.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Talomir Tales and other Fantasy