RRtACW

It's a broad topic, but it's essentially anything pre-gun era. Warrior Heroes, Red Sand Blue Sky, Rally Round the King for a start.

RRtACW

Postby OTTom » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello All,

I'm a big fan of the reaction system in RRtK and am wondering how it could be translated into other historical settings.
I've a few ACW minis so thought I'd see if someone had already done it so as not to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks
Tom
OTTom
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: RRtACW

Postby THW » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:44 am

Would work pretty easily actually. Count the infantry as Dual Armed units
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby OTTom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah it seemed that it wouldn't be that hard a port. You could easily make it as detailed as you liked but for a quick and easy game then...

Was thinking as there's no armour, what about using the Rep as both Rep and AC. As the units take damage they're cohesion is going to go down and thus their 'defence'.

Another idea I had was for randomly rolling the stats for each brigade. The impression I've got is that wash had its own character so each group of 4 = a brigade and each could have random roll of Rep, special characteristics. Maybe start each green unit as UD?

What would you thinking for different types of cannon shot?
How would you do grape verse solid shot?

Cheers
Tom
OTTom
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby CthulhuKid » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm

OTTom wrote:How would you do grape verse solid shot?

Cheers
Tom

I would just have solid shot do its damage in, say, a 2" circle, while grape does lesser damage along a 2-4" line, depending on how deadly I would want the cannon to be. I'm not familiar with ACW gaming, so I can't even guess well, but it seems like a reasonable way to handle cannon.

Oh! you could also make a table for the solid cannon, pass 2d6, the ball bounces 2" forward and damages again. You could have that thing just keep on bouncing down the field doing damage. I guess you would test against the cannon firer's Rep, or maybe give the cannon itself a Rep value.
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby craigt13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Tom,

Have you looked at Rifles & Rebels for ACW.
Currently available at Rebel Minis.
craigt13
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 pm

OTTom wrote:Yeah it seemed that it wouldn't be that hard a port. You could easily make it as detailed as you liked but for a quick and easy game then...

Was thinking as there's no armour, what about using the Rep as both Rep and AC. As the units take damage they're cohesion is going to go down and thus their 'defence'. Or all AC 2

Another idea I had was for randomly rolling the stats for each brigade. The impression I've got is that wash had its own character so each group of 4 = a brigade and each could have random roll of Rep, special characteristics. Maybe start each green unit as UD? That'd work, just figure a way for them to get better,

What would you thinking for different types of cannon shot?
How would you do grape verse solid shot? Easy way would be count solid as Cannon unit and grape as Engine.

Cheers
Tom
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Talomir Tales and other Fantasy