Magic Users in RRtK

It's a broad topic, but it's essentially anything pre-gun era. Warrior Heroes, Red Sand Blue Sky, Rally Round the King for a start.

Re: Magic Users in RRtK

Postby ianjgow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 pm

Think I get the gist but surely the score for At Risk is a 6 & only if a 6 is rolled does the Leader/Personality roll 2d6 vs Original REP to see if a casualty or not?

Regards,

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 am

ianjgow wrote:Think I get the gist but surely the score for At Risk is a 6 & only if a 6 is rolled does the Leader/Personality roll 2d6 vs Original REP to see if a casualty or not? Correct. But for each casualty roll 1d6 looking for a 6. Then all the MUs roll 1d6 and the highest score is the guy that has to roll versus his Rep.

Regards,

j
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby ianjgow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:13 pm

This query is about the number of d6 the Spell rolls when casting.

I know that if I try to cast with 1 x L2 + 1 x L1 group I roll 3d6, right?

The Spell will roll number of d6 = its Difficulty Factor + units affected, right?

Icy Finger of Death DF3 targets a Leader/Hero etc so it would roll 4d6, right?

Steel Wind DF1 targetting 3 enemy units would roll 4d6, right?

What about Summoning Spells?

If I am Summoning a Demon (Major or Minor) or a unit of Skeletons or Ghostly Warriors, do I add 1 to the DF?

What about pre-Battle Spells which affects the whole army? Is it just the DF withh no additions?

Regards,

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:56 pm

ianjgow wrote:This query is about the number of d6 the Spell rolls when casting.

I know that if I try to cast with 1 x L2 + 1 x L1 group I roll 3d6, right? Right.

The Spell will roll number of d6 = its Difficulty Factor + units affected, right? Right

Icy Finger of Death DF3 targets a Leader/Hero etc so it would roll 4d6, right? Right

Steel Wind DF1 targetting 3 enemy units would roll 4d6, right? Right.

What about Summoning Spells?

If I am Summoning a Demon (Major or Minor) or a unit of Skeletons or Ghostly Warriors, do I add 1 to the DF? No becasue you are not targeting an enemy unit.

What about pre-Battle Spells which affects the whole army? Is it just the DF withh no additions? Additions opccur when targeting a unit,
which these are not. Hope this helps,
Ed

Regards,

j
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby ianjgow » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks. Just went through the MU rules & can't find what their movement is.
They React as Missile Troops so do they move at 8/4 like those troops?

Regards,

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 pm

ianjgow wrote:Thanks. Just went through the MU rules & can't find what their movement is.
They React as Missile Troops so do they move at 8/4 like those troops?

Regards,

j

Right as they are AC 2 foot like skirmishers.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby ianjgow » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:53 pm

My MU got caught up in a situation when the unit in front of him Routed & the cause of the Rout Pursued into him (after the requirwed test for Wanting to Charge).

He rolled for Reaction for Being Charged & got 2 Passes.

On the Missile Table this is "Missile troops stand & fire. Skirmishers... fire & Retire, taking 1 Hit"

Question is, can he attempt a Spell or, because he is not Active, must he just stand & receive the charge.

I allowed him to attempt a Spell but he failed anyway. This raised another question.

Assuming a MU can attempt a Spell (let's say it's his Activation if the answer to the above is no) &, whether he fails or succeeds, the Cost of the Spell takes him to 0 is he removed immediately?

If the Cost takes him into the negative, is there any penalty?

Just a thought...

Regards,

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:26 pm

ianjgow wrote:My MU got caught up in a situation when the unit in front of him Routed & the cause of the Rout Pursued into him (after the requirwed test for Wanting to Charge).

He rolled for Reaction for Being Charged & got 2 Passes.

On the Missile Table this is "Missile troops stand & fire. Skirmishers... fire & Retire, taking 1 Hit"

Question is, can he attempt a Spell or, because he is not Active, must he just stand & receive the charge. Yep he can cast but he can't run.

I allowed him to attempt a Spell but he failed anyway. This raised another question.

Assuming a MU can attempt a Spell (let's say it's his Activation if the answer to the above is no) &, whether he fails or succeeds, the Cost of the Spell takes him to 0 is he removed immediately? Yep unless he was the target of a charge then he sticks it out until the melee is resolved..

If the Cost takes him into the negative, is there any penalty? No. Hope this helps.

Just a thought...

Regards,

j
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby ianjgow » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Indeed, thanks.

I presume if the passive MU is allowed to cast a spell when Reaction Table allows, the Active MU can attempt an Intervention, if called for on the Spell Casting Table?

Regards

j
ianjgow
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 am

ianjgow wrote:Indeed, thanks.

I presume if the passive MU is allowed to cast a spell when Reaction Table allows, the Active MU can attempt an Intervention, if called for on the Spell Casting Table?

Regards

j

Correct.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy / Ancients / Medieval