Warbands question

It's a broad topic, but it's essentially anything pre-gun era. Warrior Heroes, Red Sand Blue Sky, Rally Round the King for a start.

Warbands question

Postby furfle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:03 pm

1. Can a leader have a lower rep than the unit he is with?

2. 2 leaders faced off and 1 is killed & the other passes 1d6 and can possibly recover after the fight . The leader that is killed had a higher rep5 than the unit (rep4) he leads , while the leader that is out of the fight has a lower rep 3 (unit is rep5 ) so now I take the lost leader test for both units using new unit reps& then followed by the melee reaction?
furfle
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Warbands question

Postby THW » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 pm

furfle wrote:1. Can a leader have a lower rep than the unit he is with?

Correct.

2. 2 leaders faced off and 1 is killed & the other passes 1d6 and can possibly recover after the fight . The leader that is killed had a higher rep5 than the unit (rep4) he leads , while the leader that is out of the fight has a lower rep 3 (unit is rep5 ) so now I take the lost leader test for both units using new unit reps& then followed by the melee reaction?

Correct.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby furfle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am

With the lower rep leaders, I just started thinking nepotism and politics. So because they have a lower rep that makes the fighting effectiveness of the unit less, as they are going to gum up the works? I'm still practicing the mechanics.

Regarding a character from Warriors heroes legend: is it somatically better to use them as independent characters not necessarily attached to a unit that can come and go as they please? When in to combat what kind of recommendations do you have for using my loot or attributes etc. ?
furfle
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:11 am

furfle wrote:With the lower rep leaders, I just started thinking nepotism and politics. So because they have a lower rep that makes the fighting effectiveness of the unit less, as they are going to gum up the works? I'm still practicing the mechanics. Yep, or inadequately trained.

Regarding a character from Warriors heroes legend: is it somatically better to use them as independent characters not necessarily attached to a unit that can come and go as they please? Not the unit leaders as they need to stay with the unit. Higher up types can move around. When in to combat what kind of recommendations do you have for using my loot or attributes etc. ?
Not sure I understand.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby furfle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:55 pm

What's the point of having characters in this game I guess is the question, I guess we just have to Play WHL.
furfle
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:11 pm

furfle wrote:What's the point of having characters in this game I guess is the question, I guess we just have to Play WHL.

Okay, now I understand. Email me at

twohourwargames@gmail.com

and I may have the answer. :)

Put Go a-Viking in the subject line
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Fantasy / Ancients / Medieval